Thursday, February 01, 2007

First Post of 2007

My first post of 2007, and I have lots to catch up on. Starting off with that understatement.

Way back in 2006, I was tagged twice for 5 Things Most People Don’t Know About Me thing. That makes 10 things and I wigged out for the following reasons:
A) I’m boring
B) I’m boring
C) I’m pretty open, so most people know me.
D) I’m boring.

That’s right. I’ve officially decided that I’m boring. However, I must because Zonk said so. And Lord knows, if I had hear, “Don’t make me leave this warm, cozy Caribbean to come up there…” Couldn’t you just imagine? Oh, the horror!

So, I’ll start with 5 things. Somehow 10 things just popped right out!

1) I’m really quiet when I first meet you, but watch out once we get to know each other!
2) I don’t like to be in the spotlight, rather more of the behind-the-scenes work, but if someone comes up and compliments me on my work, I love it.
3) I have a fear of uncovered windows at night. It stems from an incident in my early childhood where I discovered a man looking into the window of my bedroom.
4) My husband calls me Elly May because I’d adopt every homeless animal that crossed my path if I could.
5) I think baby cows are cute. My husband says otherwise.
6) I like to moo at cows in pastures!
7) When I was younger I wanted six kids. Then it was four. Now, since my husband doesn’t want a large family, I’ll settle for two.
8) I still think we are going to accidentally end up with three children though. Don’t ask why. It’s a gut feeling thing.
9) I firmly believe I have mild precognition abilities. It’s with that whole gut feeling thing. I’ve seen it happen too many times to discount it as dumb luck or a coincidence.
10) I’m a bit timid to posting my writing where others might see it, but I got some massive compliments on the FF I submitted to the Flash Fiction Challenge at AW. It really surprised me that people thought that well of something that I wrote in half the time allotted, with a slapped on ending, and very little touch-up. It has given me the confidence to try again, sometime soon.

There, I did it. I don’t think I have anyone to tag. I’m so boring that I don’t have too many friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog.

That's all really interesting. I'm pretty timid in front of people that I don't know, too, and I have a simliar fear about uncovered windows. Mine comes from staying with my dad when I was little: He didn't have a real door, just a screen door, and when it stormed I always got scared.

Nice to meet you, and I'll be checking back.

Jason