Tuesday, February 20, 2007
1. Sites that I Love
2. Blogs that I Visit
3. 5 books I’m reading or are in the TBR pile
4. WIP Bar to track progress on my novel.
5. And maybe something on current writing projects, once I get them organized and moving forward again.
It’s just so hard to decide what to put on there, and what might interest those people that bother to read my blog. So I guess if any of you have some ideas or suggestions, feel free to comment.
Monday, February 19, 2007
The craving to write is getting at me again. I’ve stepped away from my novel for the various illnesses that have struck my house since the new year, and I really want to get back into things. Then I did the Flash Fiction Challenge at AW. Loved it.
So I sat down and wrote out some small writerly goals for myself. These are things I want to do.
1. Write 500 words a day.
2. Write 4 blog entries a week.
3. Submit 2 freelancing queries a month.
4. Write and submit 1 short story a month.
5. Write reviews for all the books I read.
Obviously, if I plant my butt in a chair, numbers 1, 2, 3 & 4 shouldn’t be a problem. For number 3, Jenna’s book is on its way in the mail somewhere, so I’m hoping to take action after I’ve scoured it for every piece of information I can.
In addition to these writing-related goals, I have some other things I’d like to do, which may or may not relate to writing.
Post more crits on AW
1. Learn about freelancing (see above)
2. Buy Holly Lisle’s Clinics
3. Contact the local Ivy Tech about taking a couple of classes
4. Research Work at Home information
5. Work on grant funding for PCHS/Catnippers.
These are the things I want to work on. I figure one step at a time, and I'll get there. Just tortoise-style is all. Of course, I must also spend some time re-familiarizing myself with my novel. It's slipped away some, but I'm hoping I have enough notes. And, I think if I start spending some significant time with it, all the stuff will come back to me.
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Tonight was the first night in ages that Piper's slept in her own bed. So I've been here since then, going through stuff and making more organized stacks. I'm making real progress, and hopefully can finish it all tomorrow. After that it's on to Piper's room. Once these two rooms are done, I don't see the rest of the rooms in the house being difficult.
Which means I don't know if I'll get to any real writing this weekend, but after I get things organized, writing should be easier. But I may or may not be online the rest of the weekend. It's really up in the air.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Piper. Piper. Piper.
At 2AM, she decides that it's not time to sleep anymore and we get up. And I never made it back to bed. Considering my lack of sleep this week already, Thursday is not the day for this kind of thing.
I'm going to crash hardcore when I get home. And someone will need to be there to pick up the pieces. The husband has been warned that tonight is leftover/whatever-you-can-fix-yourself for supper tonight. I'm just too tired. Thank goodness for Graduates Toddler Meals.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
On a more positive note, I pulled apart the computer room and the only part that's put back together at this moment is the computer desk. Monday is a work holiday, and my mom has agreed to keep the baby for at least part of the day, so it's going to be a cleaning and de-cluttering day. I'm excited. I want to get this place straightened up!
Friday, February 09, 2007
You can't have two projects that supersede all other projects. It just doesn't work that. You can't have me drop everything to work on this one important project with the utmost need only to have me drop that to work on another project that has the utmost need. I can't do both of them at once.
Thanks. Stay tuned for additional Random Ranting, brought to you in part by Pete's Iced Tea. "If it doesn't taste cold, that's because it's not."
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Way back in 2006, I was tagged twice for 5 Things Most People Don’t Know About Me thing. That makes 10 things and I wigged out for the following reasons:
A) I’m boring
B) I’m boring
C) I’m pretty open, so most people know me.
D) I’m boring.
That’s right. I’ve officially decided that I’m boring. However, I must because Zonk said so. And Lord knows, if I had hear, “Don’t make me leave this warm, cozy Caribbean to come up there…” Couldn’t you just imagine? Oh, the horror!
So, I’ll start with 5 things. Somehow 10 things just popped right out!
1) I’m really quiet when I first meet you, but watch out once we get to know each other!
2) I don’t like to be in the spotlight, rather more of the behind-the-scenes work, but if someone comes up and compliments me on my work, I love it.
3) I have a fear of uncovered windows at night. It stems from an incident in my early childhood where I discovered a man looking into the window of my bedroom.
4) My husband calls me Elly May because I’d adopt every homeless animal that crossed my path if I could.
5) I think baby cows are cute. My husband says otherwise.
6) I like to moo at cows in pastures!
7) When I was younger I wanted six kids. Then it was four. Now, since my husband doesn’t want a large family, I’ll settle for two.
8) I still think we are going to accidentally end up with three children though. Don’t ask why. It’s a gut feeling thing.
9) I firmly believe I have mild precognition abilities. It’s with that whole gut feeling thing. I’ve seen it happen too many times to discount it as dumb luck or a coincidence.
10) I’m a bit timid to posting my writing where others might see it, but I got some massive compliments on the FF I submitted to the Flash Fiction Challenge at AW. It really surprised me that people thought that well of something that I wrote in half the time allotted, with a slapped on ending, and very little touch-up. It has given me the confidence to try again, sometime soon.
There, I did it. I don’t think I have anyone to tag. I’m so boring that I don’t have too many friends.