Thursday, March 15, 2007

Playing Hooky from My Blog

Soooooo…

I have all these plans and then Poof! I disappear. Well, I still have plans, and I have been doing things, so it’s not a total wash.

Since my last post, I have been crazy busy. Our peeps next door moved out and we’re getting the place ready for new people. The daughter has been a royal handful as well. And I’ve decided to pull all the crap from the house that we don’t need that’s clogging up space or that needs to be in a garage sale. So basically, that means there’s stuff everywhere until I get it over to my dad’s.

In good news, I submitted a contest entry over at the AW Freelance Board, which means that I wrote an entire freelance article. In my book, it’s progress toward that my freelancing goals.

I opened up my WIP yesterday and added new words! Queen of Legends currently resides at 3,632 words so far. I’m putting up a mock finish goal of 100,000 words, but I have no clue how many words I’m headed towards, but considering there are six main people and two primary points of view, I have a feeling it will be huge. But I’m getting excited about it again.

I’m reading Holly Lisle’s Character Clinic as I’m getting back in , so I hope it helps a bunch. Actually I love all of Holly’s stuff because her writing is clear, clean and resonates with me. Ten people can explain it to me, but it always seems to click when Holly adds her voice.

I really want to get started on book reviews soon. *Glances over at stack of books awaiting reviews.* Okay, I really NEED to get start on book reviews soon. I’ll be adding them to the mix soon, but I figure I should stir the bowl as I slowly add ingredients. Then I be the writer I want to be.

Blog changes are still pending. I’m compiling ideas and such. When I get a bit of the housework caught up, I’ll work on the blog. Until the next time, take care.

No comments: